In a world where we are always chasing the next new must-have thing, the latest beauty product that none of your friends has heard of yet, that magical new find that will change your life, it’s a godsend to have a helping hand that you can trust.
And that’s exactly what the girls behind Cult Beauty have created. Born out of a disappointed beauty junkie’s frustration to find beauty products that actually live up to the hype, ex-management consultant Jessica Moore got together with Alexia Inge and created the beauty website that is becoming a cult in its own right.
Experts in their field, who leverage their vast experience to tell us what really works, have recommended each and every product. The website contains a mine of information too – with links to press reviews, experts and users telling you what they really think of the lotions and potions, plus you can even find out which celebs are fans. And as the ladies at Cult Beauty are well-versed in the art of beautifying, there are directions about how to apply and use whichever product you’re purchasing. There’s no excuse for lipstick on your teeth now!
Products are cherry-picked out of ranges, so you might find a cleanser and a serum from a range but not the whole line. It’s because of this that Cult Beauty devotees can trust the website to sell only what REALLY works. As Alexia says, “it’s a bit like fashion is today. We don’t want to wear the whole range from a designer, we like to mix and match. It’s the same with beauty. Pick what works from each range and don’t be a slave to any particular brand.”
Products are sourced from around the world. Witness the sun and skin care lines from Australia, the facemask from Hungary and even the fab foundation from Canada! And there’s much more to come….look out for intensive new haircare ranges soon to come from Brazil and niche face products from Scandinavia.
And if the girls at Cult Beauty find a product that they think does the job better than a product already featured on their website, they might even replace it. So keep looking out for the newest, hottest products to join this “Beauty Hall of Fame”!
Alexia’s Top Ten Cult Beauty Must-haves
1. Ila Face Oil for Glowing Radiance: “Ila Face Oil has immediate effects moisturising and nurturing your skin’s natural bloom, establishing a lovely glow to your complexion. It wears beautifully under make up and is a great moisturiser for all skin types, even acne-prone. It is 92.52% organic and comes in a white, opaque bottle with dropper. The Rose Otto and sandalwood make this the best smelling product on the market.”
2. Smith’s Rosebud Lip Salve: “This beautifully packaged, multi-purpose lip balm has been the stalwart in every professional’s make up kit for decades. Rosebud Salve is a beautiful, lightly Cinnamon scented lip moisturiser to have in your handbag for application throughout the day. It has a natural sheen that enhances the lips when used on its own, or to create a good base canvas under lipsticks (esp dry ones like MAC). It also calms and heals irritation, soothes the sting of minor burns and relieves acute dryness anywhere.”
3. Acca Kappa Boar Bristle Hairbrush: “Acca Kappa cylindrical brushes are extremely sturdy, made with a mixture of boar bristle and nylon filament tufts set in Kotibe wood with a two-tier formation. The two bristle lengths allow the brush to sweep through the hair untangling, but without any breakages. The bristles are rounded at the tips so that they gently brush the scalp stimulating blood flow which helps maintain a healthy head of hair.”
4. Clarifying Pencil by 3 Custom Colour: “Three Custom Color Specialist Clarifying Pencils are a must-have for tired, hungover or red eyes. They instantly brighten and widen eyes when used on the inside bottom rim of the eye. The flesh colour of the pencil means it’s fool-proof to apply and works with all skin tones. More than just an eye pencil, this clarifying make up pencil is also perfect for covering small imperfections all over the face and body or to create the perfect cupid’s bow above your upper lip for lighter skin tones.”
5. Beautyblender Make-up Sponges: “The patent-pending, elliptical-shaped Beautyblender cosmetic sponge was created by two top Hollywood makeup artists to give a flawless airbrush finish to your complexion. The fuschia sponge’s unique shape means you can use it all over the face. It’s latex-free, non-irritating, non-allergenic and odourless. It’s both long-lasting and easily washable.”
6. Davines Hair Alchemic Shampoo: “Scientists at Davines distilled pure colour pigments and added them to precious creams to create the colour depositing Alchemic shampoo, which can be used to enhance both natural and coloured hair. This hardworking hair cleanser helps maintain colour between salon visits and enriches it with vibrant tones, all the while providing internal strength, protection and shine. Available for silver, golden and chocolate hair tones.”
7. Lash Venom Mascara by Duwop: “This mascara contains tiny fibres, which are temporarily bonded to your lashes by the highly pigmented, jet black formula. Lash Venom adds substance and length to your lashes without making you look like a drag queen. It does not define each individual lash, adding more of a soft focus, airbrushed effect, which defines your whole eye area. Lash Venom is water resistant and also impregnated with Sweet Almond Oil to moisturise and protect lashes, a perfect product for daily use.”
8. Face Atelier Ultra Foundation: “The Ultra Foundation, This foundation is an underground, pro favourite that, thanks to a unique blend of silicones, builds a lightweight, breathable second skin effectively airbrushing your complexion. Its soft focus properties create an optical blurring that diminishes the appearance of fine lines and creates a more polished skin texture. It comes in 10 water resistant shades that really don’t shift. You can also buy a 0+ and a 0- shade in order to fine tune the foundation to your complexion.”
9. Ling Skin Care Oxygen Plasma Potion: “Oxygen Plasma Potion is a serum that transports large volumes of oxygen to tissues, helping to accelerate cell production and trigger formation of collagen and elastin for younger looking and feeling skin. Oxygen Plasma also relieves irritation and infection upon contact by penetrating skin cells and killing acne bacteria. This is a useful product for treating acne, pigmentation and the formation of wrinkles or dull-looking skin.”
10. Escentric Molecule 01 Perfume: “Molecule 01 is created solely from the aroma-chemical Iso E Super, which works as more of an effect than a fragrance. The scent has a subtle, velvety, woody note which will meld with your natural pheromones, vanish, then re-surface after some time, making it totally individual and personalised to the wearer. You will rarely smell this on yourself, Molecule 01 is more about the effect it has on others.”