Summer is all about choosing simple, seasonal ingredients – and letting the fresh flavours do all the talking. A drizzle of olive oil here, a few zingy herbs there, and you’re done. So what’s on our recipe hit list right now?
● Choosing Raw’s Sugar Snap Pea, Arugula, and Heirloom Tomato Salad – This definitely ticks the five-a-day box – and you’ll want to make extra of the tahini-citrus dressing as it makes pretty much anything taste summery.
● Basil Lemon Grenades from The Londoner – A simple, aromatic and utterly moreish drink for sunny evenings, and with a vodka kick too. Pimm’s just seems a bit boring after this.
● The Telegraph’s Best Barbecue Recipes – There’s something to suit all tastes and food requirements here, from the perfect burger to sweet potatoes with a hint of lemon zest and mint.
● Cook Sister’s Glazed Radishes on Garlicky Radish Greens – Cooking with radishes? Yep, it might seem counter-intuitive to do anything with the humble radish other than serve it as a crudité. That would be a mistake.
● Chocolate & Zucchini’s Spaghetti with Crushed Sardine and Tomato Sauce – Make this quick evening supper dish with the best quality sardines you can afford and serve with a generous sprinkle of parsley and lemon. Beach-side setting optional.
● Raspberry and Lemon Madeleines from Rachel Khoo’s Little Paris Kitchen – While the simple pleasure of a freshly baked madeleine is undeniable (yes, Proust, we’re looking at you), everyone’s favourite super creative expat cook has really upped the ante with the addition of raspberries and a touch of lemon.
● All of Felicity Cloake’s Picnic Recipes – Especially the chickpea and chorizo salad and the prawns with a herb and caper mayonnaise. Made in an instant, and devoured almost as quickly.
● Blueberry Soup with Forest Fruits Sorbet via Ms Marmite Lover – Seasonal fruits ahoy! If you’re looking for something a little more sophisticated to do with summer berries, this grown-up dessert really impresses.